Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Anand Krishniyer <ak...@savvion.com> on 2005/08/03 20:18:28 UTC

zip task to include all files under all subdirs

Hi
I am using zip task to make a zip of a dir. the user inputs the dir name
and the target needs to zip the entire contents of the dir. Pl note
there could be empty dir/sub dir and several levels of nesting in the
sub dirs.
I am using the zip task like this

     <zip destfile="${build.dir}/${app.name}/${app.name}.jar">
            <fileset dir="${sbm.application.home}">
                <include name="${app.name}/**/*"/>
            </fileset>
        </zip>

This works for some dirs but not all. It especially does not work for
dirs that have files under 4 or 5 levels nested subdirs.
Should I use the inlude like this ${app.name}/**/**/**/**/* according to
the lowest level of nesting? I do not know the level of nesting in the
users dir.

Any suggestions.

Regards
Anand