Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Kartheek Muthyala <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/22 11:37:35 UTC

Java.library.path error

Hi all,

I have a c++ module I want to integrate with Hadoop. I am using jNI way of integration. I am invoking the shared library libexample.so from a java map reduce program. I am getting the standard error java.lang.unsatsfiedlinkerror: no example in java.library.path.
I edited JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH in bin/Hadoop to point to the shared library. I also had set LD_LIBRARY_PATH externally to point the same. No, matter how many times I tried, I am still getting the same error.
I tried to run the same program without using Hadoop, it is working fine. Can anyone point me to the exact location where I can set this environmental variable.

~kart heel
Sent from my iPad

Re: Java.library.path error

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
For MapReduce programs to use your custom native libraries, you may have to pass them through the DistributedCache, try performing this instead: http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/native_libraries.html#Loading+native+libraries+through+DistributedCache

--
Harsh J
Customer Ops. Engineer, Cloudera