Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "\"Crash\" Dummy" <gm...@thedatalist.com> on 2007/08/09 14:13:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Cronolog for Windows?

Since I cannot get rotatelogs to work with ErrorLog (I can't even start Apache),
I thought I'd try Cronolog. Unfortunately, it is only available as source code,
intended for use with *nix systems. So I need either a Windows compatible
executable of Cronolog, or an equivalent program, or a solution to my rotatelogs
problem.

I can use rotatelog with my access log(s), but not my error log:

This works:
CustomLog "|L:/apache/bin/rotatelogs -l logs/local 86400" local env=locallog

This doesn't. In fact, I can't even start Apache, and since there is no error
log, I don't know why:
ErrorLog "|L:/apache/bin/rotatelogs -l logs/errorlog 86400"
--
Crash, running Windows 2000 Pro - Apache 2.2.4 - PHP 5.2.1 - PERL 5.8.8

Reply to group only. E-mail is blocked.

[users@httpd] Re: Cronolog for Windows?

Posted by "\"Crash\" Dummy" <gm...@thedatalist.com>.
> There is a version of cronolog for Windows at
> http://cronolog.org/download/index.html

> I have not used it as we only run Apache on
> UNIX and Linux.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I am having the same problem with it as I am having
with rotatelogs. The both work fine with access logs but neither works with
ErrorLog. :-(

I vaguely recall hearing that rotatelogs didn't work in Apache 2.2.4. Maybe it
is piping that doesn't work. At least, not for the error log. This is my first
exposure to Apache, so I have no frame of reference.

> It is one revision behind.

Aren't we all!

RE: [users@httpd] Cronolog for Windows?

Posted by Florian Yanez <FD...@helzberg.com>.
There is a version of cronolog for Windows at
http://cronolog.org/download/index.html

It is one revision behind.  I have not used it as we only run Apache on
UNIX and Linux.

Hope this helps.

Florian Yanez
Manager of Technical Systems
Helzberg's Diamond Shops, Inc.
Email : fdyanez@helzberg.com
[...]

Internet E-mail Disclaimer
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this E-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by E-mail if you have received this E-mail by mistake and delete this E-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The recipient should check this E-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The sender and Helzberg's Diamond Shops, Inc. therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of E-mail transmission. Views of this E-mail and of Helzberg Diamond Shops, Inc. employees do not necessarily reflect the views of Helzberg Diamond Shops, Inc. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.
Helzberg's Diamond Shops, Inc. - 1825 Swift Ave. - N. Kansas City, MO - USA - www.helzberg.com