Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rick Roen <Ri...@LakeValleySeed.com> on 2006/06/25 14:48:28 UTC

FOP extension for Barcode4j

How do I get the extension so the latest trunk version of FOP can use
Barcode4j?

There was a Barcode4j-fop-ext-0.20.5.jar, but I don't know where to find the
latest.

Thanks,

Rick

Re: FOP extension for Barcode4j

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Copy build.properties to build-local.properties and adjust or create an
empty text file build-local.properties and add a single line:

fop.home=<path to your FOP Trunk installation>

...then build.

On 26.06.2006 12:37:21 Rick Roen wrote:
> Thanks everyone, I've finally made some progress.
>
> Chris had it right, I didn't understand the difference between SVN and CVS.
> I have TortoiseCVS now and have checkedout the source.
>
> >From Jeremias' post
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=114414369605145&w=2 he says to
> get the file build-local.properties and add fop.home=<path to FOP 0.91beta
> or FOP Trunk
>
> I have a build.properties in my folder barcode4j, but no
> build-local.properties.  Do I just add the line to the build.properties and
> build?
>
> Rick

Jeremias Maerki

RE: FOP extension for Barcode4j

Posted by Rick Roen <Ri...@LakeValleySeed.com>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Rick Roen wrote:
> Thanks for the help.
>
> I am a complete novice at CVS.
>
> I used Tortoise to get the FOP trunk which was pretty easy.
>
> Can I access the Barcode4j trunk from Tortoise as well?  If so what is the
> url?

The Barcode4J is stored in CVS rather than SVN, so you need a different
client program to do that. Clay mentioned that there is a tortoiseCVS as
well as tortoiseSVN client. However, Jeremias mentioned to me before
that the Barcode4J extension for FOP 0.9x has not yet been added to
Barcode4J's CVS repository :(

However he sent me the file off list, so I can send it to you off-list
if you need it? :)

Chris

Re: FOP extension for Barcode4j

Posted by Web Maestro Clay <th...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 25, 2006, at 1:59 PM, Rick Roen wrote:
> Thanks for the help.
>
> I am a complete novice at CVS.
>
> I used Tortoise to get the FOP trunk which was pretty easy.
>
> Can I access the Barcode4j trunk from Tortoise as well?  If so what
> is the
> url?
>
> I don't understand the pserver instructions at all on the
> Sourceforge site.
> Into what program do I type the anonymous CVS access into?
>
> Rick

TortoiseCVS should work fine. Most of the instructions and access
info is here:

http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/viewcvs.html

In addition, TortoiseCVS has a section on using it with SourceForge
(there's some good stuff in there!):

http://www.tortoisecvs.org/faq.html#sourceforge

SourceForge also has a TortoiseCVS section, which has this nice tidbit:

https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?
group_id=1&docid=25888#anonymous_config

I hope this helps!

Web Maestro Clay