Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/08 13:56:44 UTC

Roller on Kattare

 I'm trying to run Roller under my new Kattare account, but seem to be
running into a JAR conflict. I've sent a couple of inquiries to
support, but haven't heard back. I was wondering if anyone else has
successfully setup a Roller account with Kattare lately.

My account is configured with a  MySQL database is version 4.1
(dc2-mysql-01.kattare.com).

In the Tomcat common/lib for my web server (khufu), there is a MySQL
Connector/J JAR, which is version 3.1.

Of course, there is a known issue with MySQL 4.1 and Connector/J  3.1.

http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=InstallationFAQs#ref-InstallationFAQs-13

I tried placing a Connector/J 3.0.17 JAR in the Roller WEB-INF/jar, but no joy.

Per the suggestion of another Roller use, I also tried putting the
3.0.17 JAR in ~/common/lib, but, again, no joy.

I guess my next alternative might be to try Postgres instead of MySQL.

-Ted.

Re: Roller on Kattare

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
On 2/8/06, Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I'm trying to run Roller under my new Kattare account, but seem to be
> running into a JAR conflict.

Kattare support came to my rescue and put a copy of Tomcat into my
account directly,
moved my CATALINA_HOME, and dropped the approriate MySQL lib into
CATALINA_HOME/common/lib.

The database conneciton seems to be working fine now, but we are now
trying to resolve an issue with the new document base. But I think we
see the light at the end of the tunnel now. :)

-Ted.

Re: Roller on Kattare

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
You can try the alternate workaround of adding the property setting
useServerPrepStmts=false to both of the db urls in the context.xml to
disable use of server-prepared statements.  This was the biggest issue
with the 3.1 drivers I remember hitting.  I had put this tip in the FAQ
entry as well but it is easy to miss.

--a.