Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Maxime Bégnis <ma...@neodoc.biz> on 2007/12/06 21:01:56 UTC

problems running fop: no standard output, no .png files rendering

hi

I have these problems when running fop transforming files :

-when I transform files containing errors no messages of any kind are
printed on the screen
(the help message is printed when I ask for it)
-.png files are not rendered on the pdf file(but .jpg are rendered)

Thanks a lot if you can help me.

I use mandriva linux 2008, FOP version 0.94

jdk:
java version "1.6.0_03"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode)

Re: problems running fop: no standard output, no .png files rendering

Posted by Maxime Bégnis <ma...@neodoc.biz>.
Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> No good ideas for both problems, sorry. I have no trouble rendering PNG
> images or getting meaningful error messages.
>
> Please check:
> - that you're really really really run a Sun JVM, because a GNU
> Classpath based JVM could lead to trouble. Someone on batik-users had
> problems and even though he had the Sun JVM installed, the application
> was actually run on a GNU Classpath based JVM.
> - that your logging configuration (Commons Logging, java.util.logging
> etc.) is as you'd expect and that it doesn't swallow anything.
> - if you embed FOP in a Java application it might be a good idea to
> implement and set an ErrorListener on the XSL transformer. Some default
> implementations of ErrorListener swallow more than is good.
>
> On 06.12.2007 21:01:56 Maxime Bégnis wrote:
>
>> hi
>>
>> I have these problems when running fop transforming files :
>>
>> -when I transform files containing errors no messages of any kind are
>> printed on the screen
>> (the help message is printed when I ask for it)
>> -.png files are not rendered on the pdf file(but .jpg are rendered)
>> HOM
>> Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode)
>>

> Jeremias Maerki

hi,

I just added the JAVA_HOME env. variable to the proper value and all
problems were solved!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Maxime Begnis(NEODOC)

Re: problems running fop: no standard output, no .png files rendering

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.