Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jonathan Ariel <io...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/23 22:56:47 UTC

Very big numbers

Hi! I need to index in solr very big numbers. Something like
99,999,999,999,999.99
Right now i'm using an sdouble field type because I need to make range
queries on this field.
The problem is that the field value is being returned in scientific
notation. Is there any way to avoid that?

Thanks!
Jonathan

Re: Very big numbers

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
There is no "bignum" support in Solr at this time.

You can pick a fixed-length string with leading zeros. That is, if
your other strings are the same length as the above.
99,999,999,999,999.99
00,000,999,999,999.99

You can do sorted queries, range queries, and facets from this format.
Solr is generally not a math engine so you won't miss much.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com