Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jonathan Roby <Jo...@umanitoba.ca> on 2019/11/02 17:14:05 UTC

org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.?

Hi, i've just joined the list so apologies if i've not this correctly.

We run a number of islandora instances that use ActiveMQ 5.7.0 for message passing between components. Yesterday, one of our instances  seemed to stop working. after several restarts of components and the system itself, I noticed that when the components restarted, it always produced a nested exception and the very last error was org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.BadMagicException.

I've googled this and taken the advice given, which is usually to empty/delete the data directory or the kahadb directory and it still isnt working. All the other components seem to be working fine.

Thank you for any help anyone can give me.

Jon

Here is the last part of the stack trace.

Caused by: org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.BadMagicException: null
    at org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.IndexItem.read(IndexItem.java:141) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.StoreIndexReader.readItem(StoreIndexReader.java:50) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.IndexManager.initialize(IndexManager.java:207) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.IndexManager.<init>(IndexManager.java:60) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.KahaStore.getIndexManager(KahaStore.java:366) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.KahaStore.getMapContainer(KahaStore.java:219) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadaptor.KahaReferenceStoreAdapter.getMapReferenceContainer(KahaReferenceStoreAdapter.java:219) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.store.kahadaptor.KahaReferenceStoreAdapter.createQueueReferenceStore(KahaReferenceStoreAdapter.java:155) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.store.amq.AMQPersistenceAdapter.createQueueMessageStore(AMQPersistenceAdapter.java:482) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.DestinationFactoryImpl.createDestination(DestinationFactoryImpl.java:83) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion.createDestination(AbstractRegion.java:532) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedQueueRegion.createDestination(ManagedQueueRegion.java:56) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion.addDestination(AbstractRegion.java:137) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.addDestination(RegionBroker.java:283) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.addDestination(AdvisoryBroker.java:175) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addDestination(BrokerFilter.java:145) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addDestination(MutableBrokerFilter.java:151) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion.start(AbstractRegion.java:99) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.start(RegionBroker.java:186) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedRegionBroker.start(ManagedRegionBroker.java:121) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.start(BrokerFilter.java:157) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.start(BrokerFilter.java:157) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransactionBroker.start(TransactionBroker.java:122) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService$5.start(BrokerService.java:2110) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.doStartBroker(BrokerService.java:662) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.startBroker(BrokerService.java:642) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:578) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.autoStart(BrokerService.java:539) ~[activemq-core-5.7.0.jar:5.7.0]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_162]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[na:1.8.0_162]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.8.0_162]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[na:1.8.0_162]
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$LifecycleElement.invoke(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:340) ~[spring-beans-3.0.7.RELEASE.jar:3.0.7.RELEASE]
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$LifecycleMetadata.invokeInitMethods(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:293) ~[spring-beans-3.0.7.RELEASE.jar:3.0.7.RELEASE]
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:130) ~[spring-beans-3.0.7.RELEASE.jar:3.0.7.RELEASE]

Re: org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.?

Posted by Jonathan Roby <Jo...@umanitoba.ca>.
hi, sorry for the delay

its a large storage array mounted onto the VM the software runs upon

Jon

________________________________
Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update !

Great you figured it out and always happy to help.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.?

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Great, I'm glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for closing the loop and
letting us know.

Tim

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Posted by Jonathan Roby <Jo...@umanitoba.ca>.
Hi

I tried putting the kahadb directory on the local directory, it regenerated on startup but still gave me a BadMagicException

________________________________
user mailing list is fine for this kind of question.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Jonathan,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.?

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.index.?

Posted by Jonathan Roby <Jo...@umanitoba.ca>.
Hi

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,