Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/12 22:13:19 UTC

ActiveMQMessageConsumer not releasing packages

I have been debugging a memory issue I am having with a client that
uses ActiveMQ 5.2 libraries.  This program has sends and receives
messages on 2 topics, and also has implemented the Request/Response
algorithm found in

http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html

I have tracked the problem down to
ActiveMQMessageConsumer.unconsumedMessages.  It appears that the
number of messages in this object equals the number of messages sent
and received in the admin window of ActiveMQ
(http://localhost:8161/admin).

The messages are getting delivered, so I am not sure why the messages
are staying in the consumer.  If anyone has any advice, please let me
know.

Thanks

Re: ActiveMQMessageConsumer not releasing packages

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
yes.  I have also tried CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE and called
message.acknowledge in the onMessage() method and observed the same
results.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.

--
http://blog.garytully.com