Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ysahel <n....@hotmail.fr> on 2012/04/13 16:58:15 UTC

Where the spams are stored

I use Ubuntu 11.10, and I need to know

1/ where are the spams taggued by spamassassin are stored ??

2/ what is the type of file of spam stored ( textual or binary )

thank you very much in advance !!

RE: Where the spams are stored

Posted by "motty.cruz" <mo...@gmail.com>.
Ysahel,
What utility are you using to scan your email? We're using Amavisd and is
store in

/var/virusmail

If you're using Amavisd look in the config file for something like this
$QUARANTINEDIR = '/var/virusmails';  # -Q

Amavisd.conf

Here is how postfix works with Amavisd
INTERNET ==> (port 25) Postfix ==> Amavisd on port 1024 (where are the spams
taggued by spamassassin)==> on port 1025 postfix ==>inbox

This is using FreeBSD, not realy sure about Ubuntu.
Also when # cd /var/virusmails/

spam-K9fOGycSlfYi.gz    spam-ezx5EzYfXbNK.gz    spam-zoCSbTKgvQZN.gz
spam-KAzv6-RGal0F.gz    spam-f3kZGmWZgLwa.gz    spam-zqKQ+-2Fy2cl.gz
spam-KBTGe2Emf8gk.gz    spam-f4mJRFuWk3JF.gz    spam-zv9+JRtENGhB.gz

gunzip  spam-zv9+JRtENGhB.gz
You should be able to read it txt file

Thanks,
Motty

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
Den 2012-04-13 18:05, Ysahel skrev:
> OK :) thank you very much for you,
>
> In fact, we can also redirect the spam in a folder by using
> "procmail".
> Could you tell me please what type of file spam stored ( text or
> binary )?
> I searched a lot on the web but I got no result :(

google horde ingo procmail

or dovecot sieve roundcube

most email users does not have shell accounts to procmail

thats why i suggest the above

Re: Where the spams are stored

Posted by Ysahel <n....@hotmail.fr>.

Posted by Simon Loewenthal <si...@klunky.co.uk>.
Hi,

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 07:58 -0700, Ysahel wrote:
> I use Ubuntu 11.10, and I need to know
>
> 1/ where are the spams taggued by spamassassin are stored ??

All mail is tagged by SA. It adds a set of headers to each message. The
values in those headers say whether the message was classified as ham or
spam. What you, or your user's MUA, decides to do with a message after
its been classified by SA is up to you and/or your users.

Postfix passes messages to the next MTA it is for non-local users.
Messages for local users sd put on the user's delivery queue, which is
located in /var/spool/mail on RedHat Linuxes: both spam and ham is put
there unless you've introduced a spam filter of reconfigured Postfix to
do something else with it.

In my system, user logins to the server have direct access to messages
via their MUA, e.g. Evolution, mail or mutt. Users who are elsewhere
collect mail from the server via Dovecot, using POP3, POP3S or IMMAP
protocols.

> 2/ what is the type of file of spam stored ( textual or binary )

Postfix uses mbox format mailboxes by default.

Martin

Re: Where the spams are stored

Posted by Dominic Benson <do...@lenny.cus.org>.
On 13/04/12 16:09, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 4/13/2012 10:58 AM, Ysahel wrote:
>> I use Ubuntu 11.10, and I need to know
>>
>> 1/ where are the spams taggued by spamassassin are stored ??
>>
>> 2/ what is the type of file of spam stored ( textual or binary )
>>
>> thank you very much in advance !!
> Ysahel, SpamAssassin is a tagging program and advanced programming
> interface.
>
> There is nothing in spamassassin that stores email.  You might get
> lucky and someone on the list is familiar with Ubuntu's implementation
> but this is a question more likely for an Ubuntu support forum.
>
> regards,
> KAM

With Exim4+ sa-exim, they're under /var/spool/sa-exim in Maildir format
for each category of message stored.
I'm afraid I have no idea what the standard Postfix config would do (now
the default MTA in Ubuntu).

Dom

Re: Where the spams are stored

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.