Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Costin Manolache <co...@eng.sun.com> on 2001/06/20 04:46:47 UTC

jasper34 - status

FYI,

I'm not planning any major changes in the near future for jasper34. I'm
reasonably happy with the first round of cleanup and refactoring, and I
think we are moving in a good direction with the "toolkit"-isation of
jasper and the various optimizations we discussed.

I want to let the code stabilize a bit and get more feedback before I
start the next step. I'll keep doing small changes and fixes, probably
finish the line number mapping and start restoring what was broken during
the first step ( jspc is one, jspservlet needs a bit more testing after
the class loader changes ), plus some improvements in the runtime.

I think the I/O changes, the Liaisons, the overal structure are 'under
control', it's just a matter of finding the time to implement them. The
big one is the internal API to be used for the tree and generators - it
has to be as simple as possible in order to be able to move fast in
creating inline  versions for common tags and to allow various
optimizations in taglibs.

I think we can start experimenting in the current version with generating
special code for some tags - and use this to learn more about it.

( I expect some more major jasper34 changes after 3.3 beta )

Costin

Re: jasper34 - status

Posted by Mel Martinez <me...@yahoo.com>.
+1

I just want to throw in that I think this is going
great.  I am tracking the list and watching the
changes as best I can via cvs web.  I am dying to get
my network and dev environment moved up here so I can
contribute a ton of ideas and code that are in my
head, but that is not going to happen for at least
several weeks now.  Sigh...

Mel

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/