Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Gil Vernik <GI...@il.ibm.com> on 2015/08/16 18:05:16 UTC

[spark-csv] how to build with Hadoop 2.6.0?

I would like to build spark-csv with Hadoop 2.6.0
I noticed that when i build it with sbt/sbt ++2.10.4 package it build it
with Hadoop 2.2.0 ( at least this is what i saw in the .ivy2 repository).

How to define 2.6.0 during spark-csv build? By the way, is it possible to
build spark-csv using maven repository?

Thanks,
Gil.

Re: [spark-csv] how to build with Hadoop 2.6.0?

Posted by Mohit Jaggi <mo...@gmail.com>.
2.2.0 is the default version spark uses if a specific version of hadoop is
not specified while building it.
spark-csv uses spark-packages to "link" with spark. ideally, it would not
care about any specific hadoop version. also ideally, spark-csv should not
have that hadoop import at all.
your workaround may lead to trouble because spark-csv would then include
hadoop in its assembly. you would then have duplicate hadoop client code
when you use this spark-csv assembly jar in a spark cluster.

Posted by Mohit Jaggi <mo...@gmail.com>.