Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/26 18:03:12 UTC

sources generation

hi,

if i have a task that generate sources, how can i hook it up so it is
the first task that runs for a project?

* enhancing 'resources' is not good in my case, since it has sub
resource task which already require the sources

* resource task has no dependency on its sources as tasks, so i can't
rely on creating the task with name as the the root path

* resources.prerequisites.unshift doesn't work since
resources.prerequisites is a temporary array (not @prerequisites)

any other suggestions?

ittay

Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com>

Re: sources generation

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
If I have a task that needs to run before compilation,

  task 'before' do
    puts "i ran before"
  end

  task 'compile' => 'before'