Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Sanjaya Medonsa <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/04 15:52:55 UTC

Configuration management for Airavata integration with OODT file Manager server

Hi,
Airavata integration with FileManager to stage file prior to excute
workflow task is based on the class PGETaskInstance of the OODT CAS-PGE
module. PGETaskInstance takes both dynamic metadata and workflow
configuration as an input and it combines them to create PgeMetaData
object. Main purpose of the Airavata integration with OODT is to stage
input files and ingest output data back to file manager server and Metadata
catalog. Since workflow configuration is managed by Airavata itself, it is
possible to configure only dynamic Metadata which should configure items
such as QUERY_CLIENT_TRANSFER_SERVICE_FACTORY and
QUERY_FILE_MANAGER_URL(Then static Metadata is represented by Metadata
object which doesn't have any properties. Presence of both dynamic and
static Metadata is mandatory in PgeMetadata implementation). Please let me
know if you see any drawback with this approach of allowing to configure
only dynamic Metadata for Airavata integration with FileManagerServer to
stage files and making static Metadata empty.
I would like to see some sample configuration files for dynamic and static
Metadata.

Best Regards,
Sanjaya

Re: Configuration management for Airavata integration with OODT file Manager server

Posted by Sanjaya Medonsa <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris! I'll proceed with the proposed approach for the moment.

Best Regards,
Sanjaya

Posted by Sanjaya Medonsa <sa...@gmail.com>.