Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Phukan, Anit" <An...@intuit.com> on 2009/10/16 22:57:06 UTC

OverlappingFileLockException

Hi,

Did anyone encounter the following exception while trying to work with
Jackrabbit on JBoss app server? It basically fails the service call the
second time I try to access the repository due to the presence of the
.lock file in the JBOSS_HOME\repository folder.

Please let me know if anyone knows a way to work around this.

11:46:32,746 WARN  [RepositoryImpl] Existing lock file at
C:\jboss-5.1.0.GA\bin\
repository\.lock detected. Repository was not shut down properly.
11:46:32,746 ERROR [STDERR]
java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockException
11:46:32,746 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl$SharedFileLockTabl
e.checkList(FileChannelImpl.java:1170)
11:46:32,762 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl$SharedFileLockTabl
e.add(FileChannelImpl.java:1072)
11:46:32,762 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.tryLock(FileChanne
lImpl.java:878)
11:46:32,762 ERROR [STDERR]     at
java.nio.channels.FileChannel.tryLock(FileCha
nnel.java:962)
11:46:32,762 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.acq
uireRepositoryLock(RepositoryImpl.java:330)
11:46:32,762 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<in
it>(RepositoryImpl.java:207)
11:46:32,762 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.cre
ate(RepositoryImpl.java:497)

Thanks
Anit

Re: OverlappingFileLockException

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

Please always write what Jackrabbit version you are using.

See: http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/RepositoryLock

In your case, the repository is most likely already open in the same
process but within another class loader (for example, in another web
application). In this case you need to ensure that the repository is
closed when the web-application is stopped.

Regards,
Thomas