Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mark McKay <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2003/12/13 06:17:33 UTC

Can't find Batik JAR

I've downloaded the Batik 1.5 binary from
http://archive.apache.org/dist/xml/batik/batik-1.5.zip, but can't locate the
JAR with the core utilities such as SVGCancas.  All the jars seem to contain
supplimentary files. The one promising looking jar - batik.jar - contains
only a manifest file.

Am I looking in the right place?  Where's the Batic jar?  Which ones are
core and which are add ons?

Mark McKay

Re: Can't find Batik JAR

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Mark McKay wrote:

> I've downloaded the Batik 1.5 binary from
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/xml/batik/batik-1.5.zip, but can't locate
> the JAR with the core utilities such as SVGCancas.  All the jars seem to
> contain supplimentary files.

Hi Mark,
    What is core and what is supplementary depends on what you are
doing.

> The one promising looking jar - batik.jar - contains only a manifest file.

    That manifest references all of the batik jar files so you
shouldn't  need to put anything else on your classpath to pick up
everything.

> Am I looking in the right place?  Where's the Batic jar?  Which ones are
> core and which are add ons?

    If you look at the 'install' page on the Batik website it shows
all of the dependencies between the various Jar files.