Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org> on 2012/02/28 16:22:08 UTC

SOLR-3159 and 3x - Upgrading Jetty

SOLR-3159 will bring Jetty 8 to Solr trunk.  It mentions that the JDK is
required for JSP under Jetty 8 (and getting rid of JSP in Solr), which
probably means that Apache can't put it into branch_3x.  My systems use
the JDK, so I would not expect that to be a problem for me.  Solr is not
directly accessible to the outside world, so I am not worried about any
security implications associated with having the JDK installed.  I'm
running 3.5.0 with a couple of patches installed.

I downloaded the Jetty 8 distribution and noticed that it has a lot more
files in etc/ than the example Solr, which just has jetty.xml.   I am
using a setup based on the Solr example.  Would I need all these new
config files, or is the jetty.xml that I already have enough?

Thanks,
Shawn