Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Axel S <li...@glemsk.net> on 2013/09/18 23:09:26 UTC

Change all existing static externals in tags from operative to peg?

Hello,

We have some shared libraries, and these are referenced as static
externals in all tagged versions of our different projects.

After reorganizing the directory structure of our shared libraries, I
see that all tagged versions now gives an error. I realised that the
externals should have been referenced by using peg revision (@X) instead
of operative revision (-r X).

We have hundreds of tagged versions, and inside these there are
two-three different external references.

How can I recursively change the external definitions from operative to
peg in my tags directories? I imagine I will need some sort of shell
script to do the job, preferably without checking out the whole repo...

Best Regards,
Axel

Re: Change all existing static externals in tags from operative to peg?

Posted by Axel S <ax...@glemsk.net>.
On 20.09.2013 20:35, Andreas Krey wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 05:57:04 +0000, Lorenz wrote:
>>> Does that actually work again on big repositories?
>>> It used not to, and just omit some.
>> don't know, never tried it.
>>
>> But I can't remember anyone posting about a problem either
> I definitely had the problem, but for obvious reason I can't provide
> a small repo that exhibits this behaviour, and lacking ideas as to why
> this happens, I'm not interestet in taking the time to come up with
> a big reproduction. And without that, no bug.

It worked by running 'svn propget svn:externals -R repoURL' and then
using is as a basis for creating a controlfile and feeding it to svnmucc.

As far as I could see, noe externals were omitted from the svn propget
output.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by Andreas Krey <a....@gmx.de>.
On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 05:57:04 +0000, Lorenz wrote:
> >Does that actually work again on big repositories?
> >It used not to, and just omit some.
>
> don't know, never tried it.
>
> But I can't remember anyone posting about a problem either

I definitely had the problem, but for obvious reason I can't provide
a small repo that exhibits this behaviour, and lacking ideas as to why
this happens, I'm not interestet in taking the time to come up with
a big reproduction. And without that, no bug.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:29:21 -0800

Re: Change all existing static externals in tags from operative to peg?

Posted by Lorenz <lo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Andreas Krey <a....@gmx.de>.

From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:29:21 -0800

Re: Change all existing static externals in tags from operative to peg?

Posted by Lorenz <lo...@yahoo.com>.
Axel S wrote:
>We have some shared libraries, and these are referenced as static
>externals in all tagged versions of our different projects.
>
>After reorganizing the directory structure of our shared libraries, I
>see that all tagged versions now gives an error. I realised that the
>externals should have been referenced by using peg revision (@X) instead
>of operative revision (-r X).
>
>We have hundreds of tagged versions, and inside these there are
>two-three different external references.
>
>How can I recursively change the external definitions from operative to
>peg in my tags directories? I imagine I will need some sort of shell
>script to do the job, preferably without checking out the whole repo...

you can use:

	svn propget svn:externals -R repoURL

to get all external definitions.

>From this data you can build a svnmucc control file to apply the