Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by indika kumara <in...@apache.org> on 2007/08/08 07:18:31 UTC

Deploying synapse as a web application

 hi all

I had already done required changes to the synapse code base and also those
changes had already committed. I have tested only it in the tomcat .All the
things have to do ,in order to deploy the synapse as a web application are

   1.

   edit the server.xml of the tomcat

   add a context to the host

   <Context path="/synapse" docBase="@synapse.home@"/>
   2.

   add the synapse.home as an init-param to the StartUpServlet

   web.xml file is located in @synapse.home@/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

synapse.home – absolute path to the synapse binary distribution.

 thanks

indika

Re: Deploying synapse as a web application

Posted by J Bouck <bo...@gmail.com>.
I really like this idea of the two distributions.  It would be great if the
samples could be plugged into the war or standalone versions, but any war
distribution will be extremely valuable.
~john

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I think that would work ok. The other option is to have three distros :-)

1) standalone (like today)
2) tomcat WAR (just WAR)
3) Complete - samples, etc + WAR file in one ZIP

Paul

On 8/8/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Paul has pointed out that we have a bit of a complex WAR distribution
> right now to support the sample clients, services and the embedded Axis2
> instance. So, would like to check from our users if they would be
> willing to let go of the samples for a simpler WAR distribution...
>
> Standalone Distribution => synapse-1.0.1-bin.tar.gz
>  - extracts exactly like the Synapse 1.0 release and behaves exactly the
> same
>
>  WAR distribution => synapse-1.0.1.war
>  - will not ship sample clients, services or an embedded axis2 server
>  - once loaded into Tomcat etc, the user should edit the
> synapse.xml/axis2.xml within the WEB-INF/conf and also supply an
> external directory as the registry root if required
>
> asankha
>
> indika kumara wrote:
> >  hi all
> >
> > I had already done required changes to the synapse code base and also those
> > changes had already committed. I have tested only it in the tomcat .All the
> > things have to do ,in order to deploy the synapse as a web application are
> >
> >    1.
> >
> >    edit the server.xml of the tomcat
> >
> >    add a context to the host
> >
> >    <Context path="/synapse" docBase="@synapse.home@"/>
> >    2.
> >
> >    add the synapse.home as an init-param to the StartUpServlet
> >
> >    web.xml file is located in @synapse.home@/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
> >

> > synapse.home – absolute path to the synapse binary distribution.
> >
> >  thanks
> >
> > indika

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Deploying synapse as a web application

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I think that would work ok. The other option is to have three distros :-)

1) standalone (like today)
2) tomcat WAR (just WAR)
3) Complete - samples, etc + WAR file in one ZIP

Paul

On 8/8/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Paul has pointed out that we have a bit of a complex WAR distribution
> right now to support the sample clients, services and the embedded Axis2
> instance. So, would like to check from our users if they would be
> willing to let go of the samples for a simpler WAR distribution...
>
> Standalone Distribution => synapse-1.0.1-bin.tar.gz
>  - extracts exactly like the Synapse 1.0 release and behaves exactly the
> same
>
>  WAR distribution => synapse-1.0.1.war
>  - will not ship sample clients, services or an embedded axis2 server
>  - once loaded into Tomcat etc, the user should edit the
> synapse.xml/axis2.xml within the WEB-INF/conf and also supply an
> external directory as the registry root if required
>
> asankha
>
> indika kumara wrote:
> >  hi all
> >
> > I had already done required changes to the synapse code base and also those
> > changes had already committed. I have tested only it in the tomcat .All the
> > things have to do ,in order to deploy the synapse as a web application are
> >
> >    1.
> >
> >    edit the server.xml of the tomcat
> >
> >    add a context to the host
> >
> >    <Context path="/synapse" docBase="@synapse.home@"/>
> >    2.
> >
> >    add the synapse.home as an init-param to the StartUpServlet
> >
> >    web.xml file is located in @synapse.home@/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
> >

> > synapse.home – absolute path to the synapse binary distribution.
> >
> >  thanks
> >
> > indika

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Deploying synapse as a web application

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.

Posted by indika kumara <in...@apache.org>.
hi

What I have done is create a single distribution of the synapse that holds
the web application component as well as the other files and
folders(registry ,sample axis2 server,services ,sample clients ..etc..). If
anyone wants to deploy the synapse on an existing Tomcat or other J2EE
server, then It is need to pointing web application location(because we have
not create synapse.war to deploy on tomcat wepapps directory ).Therefore It
is need to add context to the host in server.xml which point to the synapse
webapp directory of the synapse standalone distribution . But now,we thinks
this will not user friendly so it is seems better to distribute separate war
and standalone distributions . Then editing server.xml can be avoided and
just need to deploy syanpse.war file .

thanks

indika

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.