Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sadakapache sadak <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/11 11:43:30 UTC

[users@httpd] HOW TO HAVE COOKIE FREE DOMAINS

Hello guys,

               How to set cookies for a domain,is it done via httpd conf
file or through code,and how to have a cookie-free domain,i have to load my
static components on a seperate new domain where there are no cookies is it
done via any web server configurations or just by hosting all my static
contents in a new domain it can be achieved...

Regards

Re: [users@httpd] HOW TO HAVE COOKIE FREE DOMAINS

Posted by Mark Montague <ma...@catseye.org>.
On December 11, 2011 5:43 , sadakapache sadak <sa...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>                How to set cookies for a domain,is it done via httpd
> conf file or through code,

Just setting a cookie is not useful unless something uses the cookie.
You can set a cookie via directives in your httpd configuration file,
but then what will use those cookies?  Usually cookies are set by the
same code that uses them (CGIs or other scripts).

> and how to have a cookie-free domain,i have to load my static
> components on a seperate new domain where there are no cookies is it
> done via any web server configurations or just by hosting all my
> static contents in a new domain it can be achieved...

To be cookie-free, do not use any code on your web site that sets
cookies.  This is the default, especially when you are serving static
content.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org