Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Norman Hurt <no...@alltimetech.com> on 2013/10/01 17:54:32 UTC

UNSUBSCRIBE

From: John McIntyre [mailto:joh98.mac@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:25 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts Possible for SSL ?

Hi,

I have an apache 2.2.15 instance running on a CentOS 6.4 server.

This server is (or will be, if I ever get it working...) two domains.  One
of them has an SSL certificate, and one doesn't.  I've been struggling with
this for two days solid, and if my research is correct, then the SSL
handshake takes place before the browser sends the server name, and so what
I'm trying to do isn't possible.  Is this true?

The appropriate sections from my httpd.conf are as follows:

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost domain1.com:80>

    ServerAdmin root@domain1.com

    DocumentRoot /var/www/html

    ServerName domain1.com

    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/error_log

    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access.log combined

    Redirect permanent / https://domain1.com/

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost domain1.com:443>

    SSLEngine On

    SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/ssl/httpd.pem

    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/ssl/httpd.key

    ServerAdmin root@domain1.com

    ServerName domain1.com

    DocumentRoot /var/www/html

    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/error_log

    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access.log combined

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>

        ServerName domain2.com

        ServerAlias domain2.com *.domain2.com

        DocumentRoot /var/www/html/domain2

</VirtualHost>

Here is what I want to happen.

i) User types http://domain1.com into his browser.  The server automatically
redirects this to the secure connection, namely https://domain1.com.  This
content is in /var/www/html

So far, this works perfectly.

ii) User types http://domain2.com into his browser.  The server sends back
what is in /var/www/html/domain2

This doesn't work.  In fact, what happens is that whenever someone asks for
domain2, he gets domain1.

Am I doomed to failiure, or is what I'm trying to do, actually possible?

Thanks.