Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Usman Khaliq <us...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/04 15:43:58 UTC

Setting Minimum Mandatory age for clients

Hi everyone,

I am currently working for a core banking solution for an MFI in West
Africa. I have built a version of apache/incubator-fineract on Ubuntu
14.04, along with linking it up the community-app. I want to add a
mandatory minimum age for any new client to be at 18. Any guidance on how I
can go about editing the code base to incorporate this change? Thank you.
--
Kind Regards
Usman Khaliq

  <https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=usman.khaliq91@gmail.com&idSignature=22>

Re: Setting Minimum Mandatory age for clients

Posted by Sampath Kumar G <sa...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi Usman,

Sorry for the delay in the response.
There are 2 approaches:
1) On Community-app side
2) On Platform side ( Fineract ) side

In either case, you have to make Date of Birth on creating client page
mandatory and you have to compare it with current system date to check the
age is more than 18 years or not. It should be applicable both for create
client as well as edit client.

It's better to do with platform side( Fineract ) rather than community-app
side as different customers would be using different types of front end.
And also there is need of new flag in System>Configuration which when
enabled makes age validation and disabled doesn't make age validation. This
configuration is necessary as some customers expect age validation and
others may not.

Regards,
Sampath

​

*Conflux Technologies Pvt Ltd <http://www.confluxtechnologies.com/> *#304,
2nd Floor, 7th Main Road

HRBR Layout 1st Block

Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560043 INDIA

Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail message and any
files/attachment transmitted with it is confidential and for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s) or entity identified. If you are not the
intended recipient, please email: support@confluxtechnologies.com and
destroy/delete all copies and attachment thereto along with the original
message. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in
reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and is unlawful. The
recipient acknowledges that Conflux Technologies Private Limited or its
subsidiaries and associated companies are unable to exercise control or
ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of the information
contained in e-mail transmissions. Before opening any attachments, please
check.