Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by jox joe <jo...@gmail.com> on 2023/10/18 21:55:14 UTC

keeping videos on another server

Hello Maxim,

Ubunbtu Server 1:
OM is running here

Webserver 2:
(not an OM clustered server)
I store the mp4 video here.

I want to put the video on a whiteboard in OM.

This means the Kurento Media Server accesses
the video source stored on Webserver 2.

My question:
Is this possible?

Thank you.

Re: keeping videos on another server

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 at 01:13, jox joe <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I can see the following:
>

> >File systems
> > If files and recordings using the same physical folders the files and recordings will be available for each node. You can do this using Samba or NFS, for example. For using NFS do the following:
> >
> >     To ease upgrade process set OM data dir to some external folder: for ex. /opt/omdata
> >     Install NFS to the data server. In the file /etc/exports add the following lines:
> >
> >   /opt/omdata 10.1.1.2(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash)
> >

> >     Here 10.1.1.2 - is node ip for NFS remote access. Add these lines for all nodes except node with folders.
> >     Install NFS common tools to other nodes. In the file /etc/fstab do the following:
> >
> >     10.1.1.1:/opt/omdata /opt/omdata nfs timeo=50,hard,intr
> >

> >     Here 10.1.1.1 – data server ip. And run the command:
> >
> >     mount -a
>
> I can't install NFS on the Server 2 because it is not under my control.
> It is just a normal webserver that can store mp4 files and provide a link that
> points to this mp4.
> Example: https://server2/videos/video_01.mp4
>

> The following JSON shows a sample request for the creation of a PlayerEndpoint Media Element:
>
> {
>   "jsonrpc": "2.0",
>   "id": 1,
>   "method": "create",
>   "params": {
>     "type": "PlayerEndpoint",
>     "constructorParams": {
>       "pipeline": "6829986",
>       "uri": "http://host/app/video.mp4"
>     },
>     "sessionId": "c93e5bf0-4fd0-4888-9411-765ff5d89b93"
>   }
> }
>
> The uri above should be this:
> https://server2/videos/video_01.mp4
>
> The browser passes now a subpath to the OM application server
>
> like this:
>
> files/id4725&uid45454-5454-56565&ruid4554-55454&uid...
>
> id4725 is the file id in the OM database
>
> My question:
>
> Is it possible to pass this different link
> (
> https://server2/videos/video_01.mp4
> ) without installing anything on server 2.

So you would like to have something like "Put URL to WB"  functionality ...
This is not supported out-of-the-box :(
This will require source code changes

And IMO will introduce some "potential" problems:
 - Users will definitely try to put youtube URL's, which will NOT work
 - Server hosting mp4 files MUST support "accept-range" header and
MUST process it according to spec
 - there will be no chance to validate these video files
 - there will be no chance to malicious content replacing (i.e. the
link to the external resource can be replaced without notice)
 - ......
 - there might be something else

--
Best regards,