Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dan Schaefer <da...@performanceadmin.com> on 2009/09/17 21:35:12 UTC

Custom Bayes score

In a general consensus for those who have customized your BAYES scores,
what are they? I have been experimenting with them, but I have not been
successful with a "perfect" score. What I'm NOT looking for is a lecture
on how everybody's systems are different.

Thanks,
Dan Schaefer
Web Developer/Systems Analyst
Performance Administration Corp.

Re: Custom Bayes score

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
> In a general consensus for those who have customized your
> BAYES scores, what are they? I have been experimenting
> with them, but I have not been successful with a
> "perfect" score. What I'm NOT looking for is a lecture on
> how everybody's systems are different.

I have set BAYES_99 to 5, but not changed the other values.

It seems that my bayes training is good, and 99% of my spam generates BAYES_99.

So. it's a poison pill, but no false positives with that rule yet. Kind of like a personal system, while I do filter  some mail of a small company too with the same setup (info@ address).

Re: Custom Bayes score

Posted by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com>.
On Sep 17, 2009, at 13:35, Dan Schaefer <da...@performanceadmin.com>
wrote:

> In a general consensus for those who have customized your BAYES
> scores, what are they?

I run from 4,5 (thought it was 5.0) to -3

> What I'm NOT looking for is a lecture on how everybody's systems are
> different.

But that is essentially true. What works for me is unlikely to work
exactly the same for you.

Re: Custom Bayes score

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 17.09.09 15:35, Dan Schaefer wrote:
> In a general consensus for those who have customized your BAYES scores,
> what are they? I have been experimenting with them, but I have not been
> successful with a "perfect" score. What I'm NOT looking for is a lecture
> on how everybody's systems are different.

I was tweaking only a little bit, +4 to -3. there still may appear BAYES_99
ham and BAYES_00 spam (I think it happened last year, not sure) to I better
don't use BAYES as poison-pill...

Microsoft dick is soft to do no harm