Posted to user@empire-db.apache.org by exxos <ha...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/17 13:58:10 UTC

Allow to set limit for maximum number of rows returned

Hi Rainer,

I saw you are working on the implementation of LIMIT (reduce or limit
the number of row in a result).

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EMPIREDB-62

But for Mysql (I do not know others) LIMIT supports 2 arguments: "Skip"
and "Select".

For example:

LIMIT 3,10

This is spacially to "page" result. Very usefull for a long list of records.

I hope you could take it in consideration for the Mysql implementation.

Regards,
exxos.

re: Allow to set limit for maximum number of rows returned

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.
Hi exxos,

Use cmd.skipRows(...) to set the offset.

Rainer

from: exxos [mailto:hatufr@gmail.com]
to: empire-db-user@incubator.apache.org