Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Anthony Smith <an...@fedex.com> on 2004/03/25 22:03:58 UTC

Getting a servlet parameter from an Action class

Is this even possible. I saw where some people where creating action classes
and defining them as a servlet in the xml. Well I am trying that and wanted
to use a parameter to pass to the Action.

public void doPerform( RunData data ) throws Exception

      {

System.out.println(data.getServletContext().getInitParameter("server"));
      }

It works if I change my Action to a servlet that extends HttpServlet, but is
there a way to do it like this? I just get null, but the value is defined in
the web.xml