Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2009/06/18 15:03:02 UTC

Pluggable State Storage Mechanism...

All,

It would be great if we could make the conversational state storage
mechanism "pluggable" so that you could perhaps keep the memory
footprint of your conversational state at a minimum.  What do you guys
think about that?

James

Re: Pluggable State Storage Mechanism...

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Gurkan
Erdogdu<cg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> AFAIK, Terracotta provides distributed cache for multiple nodes. And
> generally it is used for saving  user sessions for fail-over scenarios. Does
> wicket use it for clustering page data?

Yes, there is terracotta support for wicket page state, so that it
replicates across nodes.  Pretty slick from what I understand, but I
haven't had a chance to use it yet.

> Actually, we have not implemented the session related scenarios like
> activation/passivation of the sessions. For example, when container
> passivates session, passivation occurs and OWB will passivate all component
> instances that have passivated capable scope types (like session and
> conversation scopes). I think that this can be easily done by implementing
> the HttpSessionActiovationListener.

I would assume so, yes.

Re: Pluggable State Storage Mechanism...

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK, Terracotta provides distributed cache for multiple nodes. And
generally it is used for saving  user sessions for fail-over scenarios. Does
wicket use it for clustering page data?

Actually, we have not implemented the session related scenarios like
activation/passivation of the sessions. For example, when container
passivates session, passivation occurs and OWB will passivate all component
instances that have passivated capable scope types (like session and
conversation scopes). I think that this can be easily done by implementing
the HttpSessionActiovationListener.

Gurkan

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.