Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> on 2003/05/24 20:29:59 UTC

Re: I have a Broken Pipe - Except it works

JD Daniels wrote:
> I am doing a ordinary transformation to a pdf file. I get the file exactly
> as I want it, everything seems to work fine. But my access log and error log
> get an exception written to them. Anyone know where I even start LOOKING for
> the trouble??? If it matters, I am loading the XML file from another server
> via http.

Note that the exception is from Tomcat:
> java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
> at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
> org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseBase.flushBuffer(ResponseBase.java:675

I guess the output stream was closed somewhere in the serializer,
I vaguely remember a discussion about this. I'm not sure whether
FOP or Batik was responsible, so don't ask me how to fix this.
If you have a SVG in the PDF, remove it temporarily and check whether
the exception is still thrown.

J.Pietschmann

Re: I have a Broken Pipe - Except it works

Posted by JD Daniels <jd...@datatrio.com>.
Thanks!! The fop article steered me right.. Ie was making an extra request
it looks like. I added &blah=.pdf and it stopped throwing the exception.

JD

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by JD Daniels <jd...@datatrio.com>.
No svg in my pdf. So I am looking at a fop problem?

   <map:match pattern="pdf">
    <map:act type="request">
     <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
     <map:parameter name="use-store" value="false"/>
     <map:generate src="http://{domain}/dbstuff/xml.xml"/>
     <map:transform  type="xslt-with-parameters"
src="resources/styles/xml2pdf.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
    </map:act>
   </map:match>

I am guessing that somewhere along the line, fop is closing my stream to the
other server on tomcat?