Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by John Meyer <jo...@pueblocomputing.com> on 2013/09/28 17:30:21 UTC

VLOOKUP vs Macros

I have a spreadsheet with a number of worksheets.  The first worksheet
has the bonuses for employees in this format

ID, Sales Agent, Sales For Date, Bonus for Date, Sales for Date(N),
Bonus For Date (N). . .

The rest of the spreadsheets are each named for the date of sales that
they contain.  They are in the same format as the column header for
Sales For Date.

I set up each row like this

ID static, Agent name static,
=COUNTIF(*staticdateworksheet*!ColumnWithIDFirstRow:ColumnWithIDNthRow,Firstcolumnrowiamin),BonusCalculation

What I'd like to do is change that formula around to resolve the sheet
name by the first row of the salescount ID (i.e. if It's 9-27-2013 it
would pull up 9-27-2013, 9-28-2013, etc.).  Is this possible?  It's not
a pressing issue, I'd just like to see if it could be done.

Thanks.

Re: VLOOKUP vs Macros

Posted by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com>.
2013/10/1 John Meyer <jo...@pueblocomputing.com>

> Okay, I've put up two screenshots.

Where? You forgot the link to them. Or did you attach them? You can't do
that, they will be stripped off. Upload them somewhere and give us the link.

Johnny Rosenberg

Re: VLOOKUP vs Macros

Posted by John Meyer <jo...@pueblocomputing.com>.

Re: VLOOKUP vs Macros

Posted by John Meyer <jo...@pueblocomputing.com>.

Re: VLOOKUP vs Macros

Posted by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: VLOOKUP vs Macros

Posted by John Meyer <jo...@pueblocomputing.com>.

Re: VLOOKUP vs Macros

Posted by John Meyer <jo...@pueblocomputing.com>.
Derp, just saw that.

Re: VLOOKUP vs Macros

Posted by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: VLOOKUP vs Macros

Posted by John Meyer <jo...@pueblocomputing.com>.

Re: VLOOKUP vs Macros

Posted by John Meyer <jo...@pueblocomputing.com>.

Re: VLOOKUP vs Macros

Re: VLOOKUP vs Macros

Posted by John Meyer <jo...@pueblocomputing.com>.
Thanks for that, I will be sure to try that out when I get back to the
office.  I've heard the Indirect and address method mentioned before, but
didn't have a practical example of how to use it.

Re: VLOOKUP vs Macros

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
=ADDRESS(1, 3, 1,, "sheet1")

returns

SHEET1.$C$1

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1, 3, 1,, "sheet1"))

returns whatever is stored in the cell referenced by SHEET1.$C$1

On 09/28/2013 11:30 AM, John Meyer wrote:
> I have a spreadsheet with a number of worksheets.  The first worksheet
> has the bonuses for employees in this format
>

> ID, Sales Agent, Sales For Date, Bonus for Date, Sales for Date(N),
> Bonus For Date (N). . .
>

> The rest of the spreadsheets are each named for the date of sales that
> they contain.  They are in the same format as the column header for
> Sales For Date.
>

> I set up each row like this
>
> ID static, Agent name static,
> =COUNTIF(*staticdateworksheet*!ColumnWithIDFirstRow:ColumnWithIDNthRow,Firstcolumnrowiamin),BonusCalculation
>

> What I'd like to do is change that formula around to resolve the sheet
> name by the first row of the salescount ID (i.e. if It's 9-27-2013 it
> would pull up 9-27-2013, 9-28-2013, etc.).  Is this possible?  It's
> not a pressing issue, I'd just like to see if it could be done.
>
> Thanks.

Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php