Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jansen Werner <We...@eon-is.com> on 2006/05/04 15:06:08 UTC

paths in META-INF/maven.com.mycompany.app/my-app/pom.xml (Tutorial example)

Hallo everybody,

I'm new to maven so I stepped through the tutorial and examined the
results of the operations there.

Within my-app-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar I found
META-INF/maven/com.mycompany.app/my-app/pom.xml. This file includes all
information from when the jar file was built. But why does it have to
contain absolute path statements (sourceDirectory, testSourceDirectory
and some others)? Will those paths be used somewhere? Or are they just a
snapshot of the project's state when being packaged? Why couldn't it
have only relative paths (like scriptSourceDirectory actually has)?

Just curious :)

CU
Werner

PS: This is the file I'm talking about:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.mycompany.app</groupId>
  <artifactId>my-app</artifactId>
  <name>Maven Quick Start Archetype</name>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
  <build>

<sourceDirectory>c:\Projekte\maventest\mavenprojects\my-app\src\main\jav
a</source
    <scriptSourceDirectory>src/main/scripts</scriptSourceDirectory>

<testSourceDirectory>c:\Projekte\maventest\mavenprojects\my-app\src\test
\java</te

<outputDirectory>c:\Projekte\maventest\mavenprojects\my-app\target\class
es</outpu

<testOutputDirectory>c:\Projekte\maventest\mavenprojects\my-app\target\t
est-class
    <resources>
      <resource>

<directory>c:\Projekte\maventest\mavenprojects\my-app\src\main\resources
</dir
      </resource>
    </resources>
    <testResources>
      <testResource>

<directory>c:\Projekte\maventest\mavenprojects\my-app\src\test\resources
</dir
      </testResource>
    </testResources>

<directory>c:\Projekte\maventest\mavenprojects\my-app\target</directory>
    <finalName>my-app-1.0-SNAPSHOT</finalName>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.1</version>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <version>2.0.1</version>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <version>2.1.3</version>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <version>2.0</version>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.1</version>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
      <id>central</id>
      <name>Maven Repository Switchboard</name>
      <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>
  <pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
      <releases>
        <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
      <id>central</id>
      <name>Maven Plugin Repository</name>
      <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
    </pluginRepository>
  </pluginRepositories>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
  <reporting>
    <outputDirectory>target/site</outputDirectory>
  </reporting>
</project>