Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Eric Ruel <er...@wantedanalytics.com> on 2015/06/08 21:55:37 UTC

Mixing java/python with trident

hello

We have a Trident topology, and some bolts need to execute python code.

currently, we call them by WebService but it's harder to scale...

Need to modify the parallellism of this bolt

Need to add VM of those webservices,

Need to modify haproxy to include those new servers...

I know it's possible to do an entire topology in python, but examples of topology with trident and bolts in python are hard to find

Does someone have an example?

Eric

Re: Mixing java/python with trident

Posted by Keith Bourgoin <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Last I checked, Trident doesn't support ShellBolts or ShellSpouts, so
therefore you won't be able to get a Python/Trident implementation.  That
could have changed with recent releases, however, so I'd love to hear
differently if anyone knows.

Cheers,

Keith.