Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2015/06/22 15:26:50 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Sling JCR Resource Resolver 2.5.2

Hi,

We solved 5 issues in this release:
http://s.apache.org/UEG

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1279/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1279 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Here's my +1

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling JCR Resource Resolver 2.5.2

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1279/ ...

The vote passes with +1s from Robert, Carsten and myself, and no other votes.

I'll take care of promoting the release.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 19:58 -0500, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Am 22.06.15 um 09:14 schrieb Robert Munteanu:
> > On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 15:26 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We solved 5 issues in this release:
> > > http://s.apache.org/UEG
> >
> > Sorry for coming in so late with a comment, but I saw that the fix
> > for
> > SLING-4820 [1] upgraded the oak dependency to 1.3.0 [2]. With the
> > latest version the following oak-related imports are generated:
> >
> >  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.observation;resolution:=optional
> > ;ver
> > sion="[2.0,3)"
> >  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.commit;resolution:=optional;version=
> > "[1.
> > 0,2)"
> >
> > If I understand things correctly, for Oak 1.3.0+ both imports will
> > be
> > satisfied, but for older versions only the second one will be.
> > Which
> > means that for Oak 1.2.x ( what we currently use in the launchpad )
> > we
> > won't benefit from the improved support.
> >
> > Could this be re-done with a manual import-dependency range,
> > something
> > like
> >

> > org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.observation;version="[1.0,3.0)";r
> > esol
> > ution:=optional
> >
> > ? It would allow wiring dependencies against older versions of Oak
> > as
> > far as I can tell.
>
> Not sure if we should go this way as it sounds dangerous to me. Fact
> is
> we haven't released any Sling version with Oak yet. So we should
> rather
> got with 1.3 in Sling and in this case the resource resolver module
> works fine.
> If someone wants to use that on an older Oak version, he can easily
> patch the manifest for that particular use case.

OK, works for me. I'll update Oak to 1.3.0 in the launchpad, to make
sure we don't get any unexpected results.

Robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling JCR Resource Resolver 2.5.2

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 2:58 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...we haven't released any Sling version with Oak yet. So we should rather
> got with 1.3 in Sling and in this case the resource resolver module
> works fine....

I agree, I don't think there's a need to support older version of Oak.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 22.06.15 um 09:14 schrieb Robert Munteanu:
> On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 15:26 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We solved 5 issues in this release:
>> http://s.apache.org/UEG
>
> Sorry for coming in so late with a comment, but I saw that the fix for
> SLING-4820 [1] upgraded the oak dependency to 1.3.0 [2]. With the
> latest version the following oak-related imports are generated:
>
>  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.observation;resolution:=optional;ver
> sion="[2.0,3)"
>  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.commit;resolution:=optional;version="[1.
> 0,2)"
>
> If I understand things correctly, for Oak 1.3.0+ both imports will be
> satisfied, but for older versions only the second one will be. Which
> means that for Oak 1.2.x ( what we currently use in the launchpad ) we
> won't benefit from the improved support.
>
> Could this be re-done with a manual import-dependency range, something
> like
>

> org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.observation;version="[1.0,3.0)";resol
> ution:=optional
>
> ? It would allow wiring dependencies against older versions of Oak as
> far as I can tell.

Not sure if we should go this way as it sounds dangerous to me. Fact is
we haven't released any Sling version with Oak yet. So we should rather
got with 1.3 in Sling and in this case the resource resolver module
works fine.
If someone wants to use that on an older Oak version, he can easily
patch the manifest for that particular use case.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling JCR Resource Resolver 2.5.2

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-4820
[2]: https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/sling?cs=1686241

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling JCR Resource Resolver 2.5.2

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.