Posted to dev@hdt.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2014/11/08 14:51:34 UTC

November report and a few questions

Hi!

first of all, the November report is really upon
us and it would be awesome if you guys could
come up with a few lines documenting your
progress.

Speaking of which, is it me, or has HDT got
to a point where there's not much happening
around the project? Its been exactly two years
since the project entered Incubation and I would
like to understand what would be the best path
forward from now on.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: November report and a few questions

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Roman,

+ 1.

I think its best to run the vote also on dev list. Atleast the discussion will be archived and if a community rallies back in future, they will have context.

Suresh

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
I have filed the report for November and will  start a vote to Retire HDT.

regards
Rahul

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi devs

As you've noticed there was little to no activity on  HDT over the last
couple of months. I think it has lost interest of people involved with it.
I am not sure but due to lack of an active community I think it's best if
we retire the project.

Relevant IPMC guide to retirement:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html

Any thoughts ?

regards
Rahul

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roman

I have compiled the following report , let me know your views. :

Hadoop Development Tools

Eclipse based tools for developing applications on the Hadoop platform

Hadoop Development Tools has been incubating since 2012-11-09.

  1. Build Community
  2. Get more activity

aware of?

 - The projects lacks activity in all respects

 - Not much activity has happened over the last quater

 - The project has not made any progress over the last couple of months

Date of last release: