Posted to user@poi.apache.org by pelican <pe...@hotmail.com> on 2007/03/12 09:49:39 UTC

Can I set the active sheet of the workbook?

Hi,

I am creating Excel file using POI. My application includes generating the 12 sheets for the 12 months of the year. So far OK.

After creating all the relevant data, I wish to put the cursor to the current month. (eg. say sheet number 3 for March).
It means that when the user opens the Excel file, the sheet with the current month will be seen.

How can I do it?

thanks and rgds,

Re: Can I set the active sheet of the workbook?

Posted by Òscar Álvarez Vilaplana <gr...@gmail.com>.
There's a setSelectedTab method in HSSFWorkbook you can use.

Regards,

Posted by pelican <pe...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks a lot to "Tahir Akhtar" and "Oscar Alvarez Vilaplana" for reply.

It was successfull.

Posted by Tahir Akhtar <ta...@spectrum-tech.com>.
For setting a sheet's selected status (Helpful, for example, when you want
the user to print only selected sheets):
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFShee
t.html#setSelected(boolean)

For setting the selected tab of workbook

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFWork
book.html#setSelectedTab(short)

Wassalam
Tahir