Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/26 05:38:04 UTC

Displaying results in the order

Is there a way to update a document in the Index without causing any change
to the order in which it comes up in searches?

thanks,
DT,
www.ejinz.com
Search everything
news, tech, movies, music

Re: Linear Hashing in Lucene?

Posted by Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com>.
Karl,
Thanks for info, its very difficult to find something about Orion Algorithm
and Linear Hashing.
I will check the thread .

DT,
www.ejinz.com
Search Engine Advertisement
Posted by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
karl

Linear Hashing in Lucene?

Posted by Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com>.
Hey,
Some common questions about Lucene.
1. does exist Ontology Wraper in Lucene implementation?
2. Does Lucene using Linear Hashing?

thnaks,
DT,
www.ejinz.com
Search news

Re: Detection of index dublicates in Lucene

Posted by Michael Stoppelman <st...@gmail.com>.
A couple of thoughts here...

You could hash (e.g.md5) all the documents in your index and eliminate
duplicates that way. Just pick one of the docs in the hash bucket as
the non-dup document and the delete the other dups. This could be run as a
batch job to eliminate the duplicates in an off-line process.

Alternatively, if you don't want to run over the entire index all the time,
you could add a field that contains some kind of hash (e.g. md5) as a field
in
lucene Document. At query time you could make sure all the Documents
returned are unique.

-M

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
30 jul 2007 kl. 14.43 skrev Grant Ingersoll:

> I believe Nutch has a duplicate detection algorithm.  I don't know
> how easy it would be to run independently on a Lucene index.

There have also been a bunch of near-duplicate ideas that have been
presented on the forums before.

This is one of the threads: <http://www.nabble.com/Checking-for-
duplicates-inside-index-tf1665494.html>

--
karl

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Re: lucene integration with PDM Windchill (Product Data Management System)

Posted by Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com>.
Karl,

And by the way we created one of the solution  - but we need to have more
embedded interfaces  / implementation fucntions to the PDM Widchill.
(article you can find on www.profilesmagazine.com for one of the solution).

Thanks,
DT,
www.ejinz.com
Search Engine Platform News

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure I understand how all the objects you talk to relate to
each other, nor do I see a concrete question in your post.

Is your problem that you do not know how to denormalize the object
grapgs in order to represent them as Lucene documents that make sense
to search in? Or are you asking how to implement an ad hoc service
for your PDM that communicate with Lucene?

The latter is probably a question we will not be able to help out
with more than explaining how readers, writers and searchers work.

Posted by Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com>.
Karl,

Re: Displaying results in the order

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
26 jul 2007 kl. 05.38 skrev Dmitry:

> Is there a way to update a document in the Index without causing
> any change
> to the order in which it comes up in searches?

I would say no, the score is calculated based on the matching terms,
content length, et c. For details see
<http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/job/Lucene-Nightly/
javadoc/org/apache/lucene/search/Similarity.html>

You might want to explain why you want to do this.

--
karl