Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mohammed Zubair <mo...@am.sony.com> on 2001/04/06 19:42:19 UTC

Problem regarding importing a Node

Hi,
 I have the following scenario.

1.  I am building an XML document on the fly. For this i have a DOM_Document
called root_doc which does the job.
2.  Somewhere in midst i have to read a small (well formed) xml document
(called frag_doc) from the disk and add this to the current document in
memory.
   For this i call the DOMParser, parse this frag_doc from disk and assign
it to a DOM_Node, like this.
		DOM_Node aNode = parser.getDocument();

NOw the problem i am facing is that i am not able to attach this Node
(aNode) into the document in memory. I tried using the importNode function
but it gives me the NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR. I tried to import it using the
following method.
	DOM_Node newNode;
	newNode = root_doc.importNode(aNode,true);
Here it gives me an exception in the try clause.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Mohammed Zubair V