Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Awasthi, Anand" <An...@bmc.com> on 2001/03/05 23:42:06 UTC

incompatibility between IBM/APACHE and Microsoft implementations of SOAP !!

Hi all,

I have just joined this list so if this thread has been already discussed
then please
let me know about date.

My question is that we all know that main design goal of SOAP is
INTEROPERABILITY.
this means one can send request using SOAP messages to any object ( which
can be in any
platform and any language) and will get back the response. suppose I have a
java based client
and I am using apache SOAP implementation and I want to use services of some
COM object
then how would I do that cause Apache SOAP does not provide implementation
for COM  ??
so how would I achieve  interoperability ?? this question holds true vice
versa also. ( if i am using MS SOAP)
please let me know that with my little knowledge over topic this question
holds valid or not ??

any help would be deeply appreciated.
Anand