Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Cavanagh <mi...@5cs.com> on 2006/10/04 01:00:04 UTC

Spamassassin Rules

Lately, I am getting lots of similar emails that I want caught as Spam
but are not.  These are like:
    Subject:  Pharmacy  -- where the word pharmacy is missed spelled in
many different methods.
    Subject: ... My Name ....
    Subject:  ... My home address ....

I send these to Bayes for learning nightly, but they are still not flagged.
Are there rules that should catch this type of Spam?  Do not I need
change some configuration info?  Am I doing something wrong?

I am currently running versions: Spamassassin: 3.0.4; Mimedefang: 2.52;
Perl: 5.8.3

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Spamassassin Rules

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Tuesday, October 3, 2006, 6:57:21 PM, Loren Wilton wrote:
> If you don't have network rules enabled you should enable them.  The
> URIBL-type rules will probably catch the vast majority of this junk.  Most
> of the mis-spelled pharma stuff I get scores around 50.

See:

  http://www.surbl.org/

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

Re: Spamassassin Rules

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> Are there rules that should catch this type of Spam?  Do not I need change
> some configuration info?  Am I doing something wrong?

Yes.  And probably yes.

If you don't have network rules enabled you should enable them.  The
URIBL-type rules will probably catch the vast majority of this junk.  Most
of the mis-spelled pharma stuff I get scores around 50.

        Loren