Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net> on 2002/09/27 00:20:21 UTC

[OT] CMA in WebSphere iAS 3.5

This isn't for me.  It's kind of urgent though, so please don't hesitate
to respond quickly if you have a clue how to do it :-)  A friend is
finding a lot of resistance to using CMA in his app because people are
saying you can only do CMA in iAS 3.5 using EJBs -- and they don't want
to use EJBs.

Is this fact or fiction?  Does anyone have a URL I can forward to my
friend on how it can be done, or can you give me some idea of
page/section he can quote from the manual for his rebuttal?  Neither he
nor myself can find anything about this that points to a non-EJB
solution.  I find it hard to believe there isn't one.

Thanks!

--
Eddie Bush

Re: [OT] CMA in WebSphere iAS 3.5

Posted by Vilya Harvey <vi...@digitalsteps.com>.
Eddie,

I haven't used WebSphere myself, but a quick bit of googling found these:

http://www.websphere.org/docs/pauld.pdf
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/doc/v35/ae/infocenter/was/0
50102.html
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/doc/v40/ae/infocenter/was/0
50102.html

They seem to indicate that it's entirely possible to use the standard CMA
mechanisms, by defining the usual <login-config> element in the web
application descriptor.

Hope that helps,
Vil.
--