Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by John Fak <jo...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/13 19:41:18 UTC

Redis - Sorted Sets

Has anyone used nifi to move data to Redis ?
What processors etc ?
Ideally want to use a sorted set in redis.

Re: Redis - Sorted Sets

Posted by Eric Chaves <er...@uolet.com>.
Hi John,

Here at work we also needed to use redis in a flow to store and retrieve
real-time events temporary. We haven't found any "Put/Fetch Redis"
processors and the RedisDistributedMapCache didn't fit out needs precisely
because our flow required more control over the key namespace and also to
use the native redis data types (lists and hashmaps).

We ended wroting a custom groovy ScriptedProcessor using the Jedis library
and it was actually pretty easy. The Nifi ExecuteScript cookbook is your
best friend to start.

I can't share the actual processor we wrote due to some internal logic it
has, but if you need some guidance send me a private message and may be
able to help you out.

Cheers,