Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/01/08 21:45:41 UTC

No longer syncing Maven 1.x repository to Ibiblio

The rewrites are back in place, so I've turned off the sync of the m1
repo to ibiblio.

Going forward plan is to get the repo manager up and pulling in content
to only the maven2 repo, then we can toast the m1 repo altogether.
Obviously we need to be confident that the rewrite rules are working
completely first.

I haven't been able to test this on the other mirrors just yet. I'll
follow up with them later after they grab the .htaccess file.

- Brett

Re: No longer syncing Maven 1.x repository to Ibiblio

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> Would you mind sending some details out to that list? I am not
> subscribed so I can't get to the archives.

Neither am I, actually :-(

Re: No longer syncing Maven 1.x repository to Ibiblio

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
The admins were (I had to enable .htaccess via the helpdesk).

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
On 1/9/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> Heh, that's interesting. I'll put a rule in for that one specifically.

That would be great.

Anyways, I''ve also found another glitch:

http://ibiblio.org/maven/jaxen/jars/jaxen-1.0-FCS-full.jar

points to:

http://ibiblio.org/maven2/jaxen/jaxen/1.0-FCS-full/jaxen-1.0-FCS-full.jar

which doesn't exist. That jar is currently on:

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/jaxen/jaxen/1.0-FCS/jaxen-1.0-FCS-full.jar

-- Felipe

Re: No longer syncing Maven 1.x repository to Ibiblio

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
that's it

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> a) should be fine as in the m1 repo there are no snapshots now, they
> were deleted before and copied on demand.

Ok. Given that, maybe there aren't many missing files.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
+1 for a

Arnaud

Posted by Felipe Leme <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> Heh, that's interesting. I'll put a rule in for that one specifically.
>
> Another issue just discovered: we let all kinds of crap to sync into the
> m1 repo, including development builds. We don't convert them to the
> maven 2.x repo. That now breaks builds that depended on the snapshots.
>
> Do we:
> a) do a one time sync of old snapshots, but no new ones?

+1

> b) copy them on demand, case by case?
> c) do nothing?
>
> Currently leaning to (a).
>
> - Brett
>
> Carlos Sanchez wrote:
>> I believe that's caused by the rewrite rules, they don't work well
>> with dirs but they do with artifacts
>>
>> On 1/9/06, Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net> wrote:
>>> Weird, it was screwed a couple of minutes ago (the
>>> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven was redirecting to the
>>> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/public/html/maven, which in turn didn't have
>>> any groupId dir)...
>>>
>>> -- Felipe

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

   -- Jakob Burckhardt

Re: No longer syncing Maven 1.x repository to Ibiblio

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
I couldn't sort out the /maven thing. /maven/ works. Anyone else have
sufficient mod_rewrite skills?

As for the sync - it doesn't appear to be necessary since the m1 repo
was cleaned anyway. I will need to do the following:
* sync maven 1 plugins. Currently they are not converted to the new
repo, hence not synced to ibiblio.
* ensure any relocations retain the jar at the original location as well
since m1 won't follow it.

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.