Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neha Agrawal <ne...@yahoo.co.in> on 2008/02/15 21:57:16 UTC

long initialisation time for Tomcat5.5.25 when compiled with Native libraries and JSVC

Hello
         I configured tomcat 5.5.25 with native
libraries (openssl and APR)  for ports 8180 (http) and
8443(HTTPS) on
Linux 2.6.22.9 #1 SMP  x86_64
This is Intel Quad Core Zeon machine 64 bit
The OS is debian for amd64
APR 1.2.7
Open-ssl 0.9.7k

java -version gives the following output
   java version "1.5.0_10"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition
(build 1.5.0_10-b03)
     Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build
1.5.0_10-b03, mixed mode)

Also i compiled Openssl with -fPIC option

Everything worked fine with Tomcat now..
Even the restarts..
 but when i configured JSVC tomcat behaves weird..

but when i restart tomcat (through JSVC )

it takes a long time to initialise tomcat
Initialization processed in 872731 ms
i only get the following in catalina.out

Feb 15, 2008 12:23:41 PM
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8180

no errors: even in the debug/verbose mode..

if i again restart tomcat , the earlier started
process just results i nthe following line in
catalina.out
jsvc.exec error: Service exit with a return value of
143

Although every time, i kill the 2 processes of tomcat
(started because of JSVC)

any light is appreciated as i am into this problem for
a week now...

thanks
 Neha Agrawal

      5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

Re: long initialisation time for Tomcat5.5.25 when compiled with Native libraries and JSVC

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.