Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guntupalli Shanti <sg...@cisco.com> on 2001/07/18 05:19:37 UTC

Apache-tomcat context mapping

Hi,

Here is my problem.

In apache's config file I should be able to map 2 different URI's to one
context in my Tomcat.
something like

APJServMount 	/examples/servlet	apjv12://dev:8080/examples
APJServMount	/examples1/servlet	apjv12://dev:8080/examples

so that any requests coming in with examples/servlet or /examples1/servlet
should go to the same context examples

I can have another context examples1 in my Tomcat whose docbase is also
same as examples. But If I do that the
servlets are getting initialized twice (which doesn't work for me)

Any idea, how to do it?

I am running Apache 1.3.14 (with mod_jserv) talking to tomcat 3.2 on Sun
solaris.

Thanks...Shanti

Re: Apache-tomcat context mapping

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.
I'm no apache expert, but from my limited experience with mod_rewrite I'm
pretty sure, almost 100% sure, that the browser knows nothing about
it.  For the browser to know about it apache would have to send back
something other than a 200 response (I think).  But as is best with all
things - try it and see what happens (o:

cheesr
dim

Posted by Guntupalli Shanti <sg...@cisco.com>.
Hi Dim