Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2007/01/20 02:07:58 UTC

Conversion Tool

Keep your ejb related plan files intact or a copy of them at least.
I'm going to try and write a conversion tool that will at least
handle trivial apps.  A non-trivial app would be one with CMPs.  The
new mapping.xml format for cmps is the jpa mapping.xml and converting
that will be a little more work.

Nothing done yet, just announcing intentions.

-David

Re: Deployment plan docs

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Dave,
we didn't ditch those docs, they just fell behind ;-)
thanks for making the updates.

Cheers!
Hernan

Deployment plan docs (was: Re: Conversion Tool and OpenEJB 3.0 integration status)

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Feb 16, 2007, at 2:11 PM, Christopher Blythe wrote:

> How old do you consider very old? I got this on the Geronimo 2.0-M2
> release that is out on the Geronimo website dated
> 1/30/2007.Deployed fine on M1 though...

The converter didn't make it into the M2 release.  So just old enough :)

I'd give it a try on trunk and see how far you get.

-David

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by Christopher Blythe <cj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by Christopher Blythe <cj...@gmail.com>.
David/Dain...

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by Christopher Blythe <cj...@gmail.com>.
David...

[...]

	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:855)

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by Christopher Blythe <cj...@gmail.com>.
Dain and David...

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: Conversion Tool and OpenEJB 3.0 integration status -- please read and ask questions :)

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
I just checked in the working converter for CMP beans.  There is a
fairly extensive test suite that converts the OpenEJB2 itests,
daytrader and the OpenEJB2 CMR mappings tests.  For example, here are
the mappings for daytrader

ejb-jar.xml
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openejb/trunk/openejb3/
container/openejb-core/src/test/resources/convert/oej2/cmp/daytrader/
daytrader-ejb-jar.xml

openejb-jar.xml

Re: Conversion Tool

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.