Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net> on 2003/08/03 00:04:44 UTC

So, what's everyone working on?

Just thought I'd check in with people to see what everyone is working on.

I'm finishing up the appendices for the book; in a couple of weeks, I may have a chance to look at
the reference documentation.

I've been spending a lot of time working on HiveMind.

I've been struggling against Maven to get Tapestry to build under Maven.  Maven doesn't seem to like
large projects, the multiproject support (aka the reactor) doesn't seem to like Tapestry.

I have plans to convert the mock unit test suite to make use of Digester instead of JDOM.  I think
we could create something easier to extend and more powerful that way.

There's still plenty of gaps in the code coverage suite to be filled; many of the more recent check
ins have dropped the code-coverage percentage.

I think functionality for 3.0 is here.  I think what's holding us back from GA is code coverage and
documentation.  Nothing urgent has come up on the lists that isn't totally new functionality for
3.1.

I noticed Dave checked in a couple of new components last week, into contrib.

Re: So, what's everyone working on?

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
I've just finished reading the latest manuscript. It's excellent. A few
niggles but I had to look pretty hard to find them! In the next few days I'l
assemble my comments and submit them to Manning.

Other than that, IW is giving a big presentation this week to potential
partners, so my efforts will be concentrated on that.

Cheers,

Geoff

Geoffrey Longman
Intelligent Works Inc.

Posted by David Solis <ds...@legosoft.com.mx>.
I recently added a set of components to express mutually exclusive
conditional tests. There are based on XSL choose, when and otherwise.
I've been working on the Component Reference. It is better than before
but it is still a working progress.

I did a proof of concept to figure out SVG and SMIL support. It is
really easy however I haven't had a real need for either of them and I
don't know if these are good for marketing purposes.

I'm thinking about to implement a Flash console for Tapestry, a kind of
Dashboard. Some of its features will be: JVM settings, statistics for
access and profiling and an inspector for pages.

Regards

David