Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com> on 2012/05/22 00:40:54 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Abandon fuse-dfs HDFS contrib

Since this vote didn't pass and fuse-dfs is being maintained [1] I've
filed HDFS-3451 to move fuse-dfs out of contrib into the native build.
(This won't introduce a new build dependency for people who don't want
it, like Snappy it won't compile by default unless you have the fuse
headers).

1. I've committed the following changes so far in 2012:
HDFS-860	fuse-dfs truncate behavior causes issues with scp
HDFS-3396     FUSE build fails on Ubuntu 12.04
HDFS-420	Fuse-dfs should cache fs handles
HDFS-2696	Fix the fuse-dfs build
HDFS-780	Revive TestFuseDFS

Thanks,
Eli