Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by GEESOFT <gd...@geesoft.com.au> on 2002/12/03 02:14:35 UTC

Servlet Timeouts

Hi,
I have an issue with my servlet timing out.

I have just upgraded to Apache2 - ajp13 - Tomcat 4.1 configuration.  I have a servlet that takes about 15 minutes to execute.  Unfortunately it seems the servlet container or Apache is timing out after five minutes.  The servlet stops processing and Apache returns the following html to me:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
<BODY><XMP></XMP></BODY></HTML>

I have set:
Apache -  Timout to 20 minutes
Tomcat workers.properties - ajp13.socketTimeout=2400

I am using the Ajp13Connector on port 8009.  In the docs this connector does not seem to have a timeout.

MY QUESTION
Does anyone know what configuration parameter would be causing this apparent 5 minute processing timeout and can I fix this?

I have all debug levels set to high and do not get any information on what is happening.  I have poured through all the documentation but cannot find any information on this.  I know, it is rare to expect a servlet thread to process for more than half a second.  On the old Tomcat 3.2 - ajp12 - Apache 1.3 configuration did not have this problem.

Thank you in advanced if someone could assist me.

Regards,
Glenn Drew

Director
GEESOFT PTY LTD