Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jo...@noaa.gov on 2009/11/14 20:23:00 UTC

S2: basic question on rest plugin

Hello All,

I'm experimenting with the rest plugin (2.1.8) using the example struts2-rest-showcase as a
starting point.  I wanted to implement a simple search such that a URL like

http://localhost:8080/struts2-rest-showcase-2.1.8/orders?amount=66

returned a list of order with the amount of 66.  I approached this by adding an "amount"
property to the controller and corresponding setter method and then modifying the
controller's index method to use that value to constrain the results.

Problem is that the amount never gets set either on the controller or on the model.

Can someone please help me understand what's going on or suggest a better way to
approach this problem?

Thanks!

--john