Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Bogdan Daniliuc <bd...@montran.ro> on 2004/06/23 09:26:54 UTC

Collection Proxy question

  Hi all,

  We are encountering a problem when using collections with proxy (OJB rc6).
An object has a mapping with an attached collection as:
 <class-descriptor....>
   <collection-descriptor
    name="entries"
    element-class-ref="elementClass"
    proxy="true"
    auto-update="true">
    <inverse-foreignkey field-ref="objectId"/>
   </collection-descriptor>
 </class-descriptor>

  In some cases we have to retrieve the object from the database, clear its
collection of entries (by calling entries.clear()), and add new elements (with
entries.add()). With proxy set to "false", the old entries are removed from
the database and the new entries added. With proxy set to "true", the old
entries are no longer deleted from the corresponding table.
  Is there anything we are doing wrong, or this is the correct behavior?

  Regards,

  Bogdan

Re: Collection Proxy question

Posted by Bogdan Daniliuc <bd...@montran.ro>.
 Hello,

 I'm using only PB API. I will try setting refresh to true. I will also try
with  RC7 and see what happends.
 Thank you very much for your reply.

 Regards,

 Bogdan Daniliuc

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:48:17 +0100, Luis Cruz wrote

Posted by Luis Cruz <le...@netcabo.pt>.
Hello,