Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> on 2021/12/28 19:02:37 UTC

0.10.1 Release timeline

Hi folks,
    As agreed upon in another thread, wanted to propose a timeline for
0.10.1 minor release(bug fix release). Since this is a bug fix release, I
am thinking end of next week Jan 7 as code freeze. Let me know what you
think or if someone needs more time looking to push any bug fixes.

Also, would like to know if anyone wants to volunteer to be RM(Release
manager). I can guide you through the process if you have not been a RM
before. If no one volunteers, I can chime in to be RM.

I will follow up in other thread wrt timelines for minor releases going
forward.

-Sivabalan

Re: 0.10.1 Release timeline

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
sounds good. Since no one volunteered, I will be the RM for 0.10.1. I
have started a bug fix branch in my local repo and have started cherry
picking commits from master which is tagged with 0.10.1. Will watch out for
patches tagged for 0.10.1 and remind authors and reviewers in the
respective PRs by mid this week.

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 2:35 AM Raymond Xu <xu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think Jan 9 code freeze works better given this weekend is the new year,
> so having next weekend could give more availability.
>

> --
> Best,
> Raymond
>

> On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 1:46 PM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, that's what I meant. Since december end is holiday season, wanted to
> > hear opinions from others in the community on the above proposal.
> >

> > On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 9:13 PM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > When we say code freeze, does it mean that all commits that need to be
> > part
> > > of 0.10.1 be in master by Jan 7?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Vinoth

> for
> > release, I
> you

> RM(Release
> RM

> going

> > --
> > Regards,
> > -Sivabalan

-Sivabalan

Re: 0.10.1 Release timeline

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> I think Jan 9 code freeze works better given this weekend is the new year,
> so having next weekend could give more availability.
>

> --
> Best,
> Raymond
>

> On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 1:46 PM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, that's what I meant. Since december end is holiday season, wanted to
> > hear opinions from others in the community on the above proposal.
> >

> > On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 9:13 PM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > When we say code freeze, does it mean that all commits that need to be
> > part
> > > of 0.10.1 be in master by Jan 7?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Vinoth

> for
> > release, I
> you

> RM(Release
> RM

> going

> > --
> > Regards,
> > -Sivabalan

-Sivabalan

Re: 0.10.1 Release timeline

Posted by Raymond Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.10.1 Release timeline

Posted by Raymond Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.10.1 Release timeline

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
Yes, that's what I meant. Since december end is holiday season, wanted to
hear opinions from others in the community on the above proposal.

On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 9:13 PM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> When we say code freeze, does it mean that all commits that need to be part
> of 0.10.1 be in master by Jan 7?
>
> Thanks
> Vinoth
>
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 11:02 AM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >     As agreed upon in another thread, wanted to propose a timeline for
> > 0.10.1 minor release(bug fix release). Since this is a bug fix release, I
> > am thinking end of next week Jan 7 as code freeze. Let me know what you
> > think or if someone needs more time looking to push any bug fixes.
> >
> > Also, would like to know if anyone wants to volunteer to be RM(Release
> > manager). I can guide you through the process if you have not been a RM
> > before. If no one volunteers, I can chime in to be RM.
> >
> > I will follow up in other thread wrt timelines for minor releases going
> > forward.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > -Sivabalan

-Sivabalan

Re: 0.10.1 Release timeline

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
Yes, that's what I meant. Since december end is holiday season, wanted to
hear opinions from others in the community on the above proposal.

On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 9:13 PM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> When we say code freeze, does it mean that all commits that need to be part
> of 0.10.1 be in master by Jan 7?
>
> Thanks
> Vinoth
>
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 11:02 AM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >     As agreed upon in another thread, wanted to propose a timeline for
> > 0.10.1 minor release(bug fix release). Since this is a bug fix release, I
> > am thinking end of next week Jan 7 as code freeze. Let me know what you
> > think or if someone needs more time looking to push any bug fixes.
> >
> > Also, would like to know if anyone wants to volunteer to be RM(Release
> > manager). I can guide you through the process if you have not been a RM
> > before. If no one volunteers, I can chime in to be RM.
> >
> > I will follow up in other thread wrt timelines for minor releases going
> > forward.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > -Sivabalan

-Sivabalan

Re: 0.10.1 Release timeline

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: 0.10.1 Release timeline

Posted by 陈 翔 <cd...@hotmail.com>.
I have encountered some problems when using Hudi Kafka Connect. I have submitted the relevant issue on JIRA.

HUDI-3104
HUDI-3112
HUDI-3113
HUDI-3114
HUDI-3115
HUDI-3117
HUDI-3119

I hope it can be in 0.10 Fixed or suggested.

Thank you ~

Re: 0.10.1 Release timeline

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.